Reader Mail – 04/28/2013 To 05/04/2013

commented on Do Disabled Veterans Deserve Respect?.
You sir are a undeserving wanna be american peice of shit. you stand on the front line oh wait you dont have the balls to do so. Tell all that bullshit to the victims and family members from 09/11 or maybe more current events like the Boston bombings. You and people like you should of been the ones in harms way then maybe you would be singing a different tune towards brave men and women , or maybe your just a scared little bitch with no pride for your country. Next time you find yourself talking shit about my military dont hide behind your key board you butt baby terrorist. If you dont like it leave but if you ever do, and find yourself in a fucked up situation in a third world country I wouldn't piss on fire to put you out. you make me sick you disrespectful peice of shit I hope someone some day shuts your cock sucker up. Your no better than obama destroying this country with your poison. say that shit to someone like me to my face ill take care of the problem, and the problem being you. I truely hate people like you I hope get everything thats comming to you. I wish I could meet your father and take care of business because obviously he never taught your respect nor honor in your country and the ones defending all of the freedoms you enjoy everyday. I hope you get tortured in front of your family so they can see the level to which you have failed. Pussy you could not make it in the military your to weak and I hope some day you learn that the hard way.

kaka commented on Software Architects Suck - Never Trust A Software Architect.
Dealing with an architect at my current job. He doesn't code. His git "migration" involved 1. ask network team to install Atlassian stash on a server. 2. Copy current code base to that server. 3. git init with that code. 4. send mass email saying "git migration is done". Later there are bugs and we have no history and we want to go back and see what has been checked in. His response? "Stop wasting time trying to look at history. Just replicate the bug and fix what the problem is" Other than that, in his own words, his duties are: "Observe code and respond by email". He was once a coder but his code was sooo bad, and he delivered such bad products to the stakeholders that they did not want him to code anymore. So now he's just a useless appendage that blames others and makes it difficult for others to succeed at doing things.

kaka commented on Software Architects Suck - Never Trust A Software Architect.

This architect also blames others for things that are released into production that break things. Then it turns out the people he blames were not responsible (he actually merged two branches incorrectly in git) and HIS manager sends a mass email saying "Let's try to not blame others". Other things this useless architect does:

1. Brings parts of guns to work.

2. Says he wants to code despite knowing he's a disaster at doing that.

3. Refuses to maintain his own code that is buggy and assigns blame/tickets for his own code to others.

4. Always says "it's not in my job title." "I'm not responsible at all for jenkins building and git integration"

5. Passes the buck for every single thing he finds troublesome.

commented on GCW Zero - Linux Gaming Handhelds Vs. Android Gaming Handhelds.
Get a JXD s7300b, and put skelrom 3.0 on it and, I think you might change your mind about android gaming. It has TWO REAL analog sliders. n64oid 2.7 runs great.

Anonymous Coward commented on Prescription Change - Back To Seroquel.
I am not qualified to give advice but assuming you are 35 years old, then somehow you managed to live 33 years of your life without prescription medication.

> To me, that’s a strong indication that the drug is helping me.

Well it may be helping one area, but damaging you in another. Statins do lower blood cholesterol (think! What material surrounds all the cells of your body? Do you think cholesterol in your blood actually has a real purpose? Could the problem by glycosylation of cholesterol rather than cholesterol itself? Could the problem really be refined foods - bread, pasta etc.) but probably damage your body in a different area.

Vitamins are molecules found in food that your body needs in small quantities for vital life processes - e.g. Vitamin C, B vitamins, beta-carotene (Vitamin A precusor) etc. I would hardly call a prescription drug a vitamin.

Anonymous Coward commented on Prescription Change - Back To Seroquel.

Have you considered the "talking cure" for mental problems rather than drugs?

There are a couple of problems. First, my parents would panic and have me involuntarily hospitalized if I refused to take any drugs. Second, I tried refusing drugs for several years and it didn't work. However, having been exposed to the drugs, I may now be partially addicted.

I don't notice any negative side-effects for the Seroquel. It is possible that mainstream medicine is so incompetent that a vitamin is misclassified as a drug. To me, the "partially cures color blindness" side-effect is amazing.

Anonymous Coward commented on Prescription Change - Back To Seroquel.

> is so incompetent that a vitamin is misclassified as a drug.

It is a long time since I studied life science, but I think the proper definition of a vitamin should be something that is absolutely needed for a human to live properly.

As such I doubt Seroquel meets this definition. Modern humans have lived on this planet quite successfully for 195,000 years before Seroquel was invented.

How did modern humans survive for 195,000 years before this drug was invented?

Unless you are proposing you have some strange mutation that means you need this drug. And even if this is true, how did you survive for 95% of your life without this drug?

You studied maths at university, not life science. Beware of playing guessing games.

> , I may now be partially addicted.

It is never to late to start doing the right thing.

> . First, my parents would panic and have me involuntarily hospitalized

Have you tried talking to them and explaining things? I guess you have. Maybe you could buy them a book that is about natural healing and how prescription drugs are bad. I'm sure you could find such a book.

Dr Mercola ( http://www.mercola.com/ ) seems to talk some sense in other areas. Maybe you could search to see if he says anything on this topic.

Maybe it is present in trace amounts in processed food. Most people don't need much, because they don't use most of their brain. When I'm in a state of heightened alertness, I need more of it.

I did survive, but with color blindness and reduced thinking ability. Once I was forced to think more due to the stress of dealing with criminally insane people, I started needing more.

I'm certainly willing to believe that most doctors and scientists are incompetent. Most mainstream economists are incompetent when it comes to the Federal Reserve and "Taxation is theft!" Why can't the medical and mental health industries be similarly incompetent? Most of their drugs are harmful, but by random luck, they came up with some that help?

Are you saying that I'm unqualified to write about the Federal Reserve because I don't have a degree in economics? For example, I know something that no medical researcher knows "100mg/day of Seroquel partially cures color blindness." That's an amazing conclusion. It would be nice to see a proper medical study on it. Similarly, I know "Taxation is theft! The Federal Reserve is one big price-fixing cartel!", but every mainstream economist would ridicule that as stupid ideas.

I noticed something interesting. Before, I was taking 100mg/day. My psychiatrist is "titrating" me up to 100mg/day. I'm only taking 50mg/day now. It's partially cured my color blindness, but not as much as when I was taking 100mg/day. I wonder what would happen if I tried 200mg/day?

Anyway, I don't notice any negative side effects with Seroquel, unlike with every other drug I've tried. The partial color blindness cure is an amazing side-effect, and an indication that it is helping me.

Anonymous Coward commented on Prescription Change - Back To Seroquel.

You managed to complete an undergraduate degree without Seroquel.

I can't remember what you have said about your education, but you may even have completed a Masters degree without Seroquel.

Just don't assume things. It may have long-term deleterious effects that you will only notice after 5 - 10 years.

Perhaps I am being a downer. I am just saying be careful.

> I’m certainly willing to believe that most doctors and scientists are incompetent.

You are most certainly correct in that regard.

I've met otherwise competent dentists that still believe fluoride is good for you!

Just look at the statins and cholesterol mess. I believe the research that said cholesterol levels higher than the average are harmful is based on data that was selectively obtained.

And as regards academic research, journal publications are like wading in luke warm water. To get grants scientists have to publish multiple papers a year, which means they publish unoriginal papers instead of concentrating on producing less papers, but more original ones.

I'm carefully monitoring the side-effects. With the Risperdal+Zoloft, the side effects were horrible. With Seroquel, I notice no negative side-effects, and one positive side-effect (color blindness partial cure).

There may be trace amounts of "Seroquel" present in most food. Due to my higher emotional awareness, I may now have a greater demand for "Seroquel" than most people. That's why I was fine for so long without it. I wasn't using most of my brain.

I trust my own observations more than what a "scientist" would write in a fake research paper. For every drug I researched, there are lots of people saying it's amazing and lots of people saying it's horrible.

Anonymous Coward commented on Prescription Change - Back To Seroquel.

I still inwardly laugh when a clown mentions cholesterol levels.

Cholesterol makes up the membrane that surrounds every cell of your body.

Cholesterol isn't the problem. Damaged cholesterol is the problem.

Anon commented on Prescription Change - Back To Seroquel.

Coffee makes me feel better in the afternoon, but long term it makes my body my acidic and leaches minerals from me.

Be careful - your seroquel may have both good and bad effects.

I am careful. However, I tried taking nothing for several years and kept relapsing. Seroquel is the only drug I've tried that I like.

It certainly is possible that Seroquel has a good side-effect (partially cures color blindness) and a bad side-effect that I don't notice. I've been getting blood tests for the diabetes potential side-effect, but have come clean so far.

One Response to Reader Mail – 04/28/2013 To 05/04/2013

1. Anonymous Coward May 11, 2013 at 9:20 am

In the UK, we pay 20% income tax, 11% National Insurance, 11% hidden employers’ payroll tax, 20% sales tax (fuel tax etc) and 1000 pounds council tax. In summation taxation is between 50 – 60%. If you are low paid, obviously the 1000 pounds council tax is a huge percentage of your earnings. The council tax is paid after all other taxes, making it even higher still.

My faith in the system broke down when I was injured at work. My General Practitioner (Doctor) couldn’t be bothered. I worked for nasty, dishonest people that didn’t want to do things properly. So I ended up living off my savings for a year while my body healed itself. Fortunately I recovered fully. Because my G.P. was a useless toss-pot, I didn’t get sick pay from the government. I suppose I could have changed doctors and perhaps pushed the matter, but I just wanted to get better without the stress.

That was some time ago. Anyway recently – almost within days – a bit of my body decide to malfunction. It is quite a common thing as judged by the number of Internet articles on it. It is more an ailment than anything that stops you doing anything.

Anyway I went to see the doctor paid for by my taxes. He wasn’t really interested. He didn’t seem to know about the ailment. It was a complete waste of time seeing him.

So paying 60% of my income is taxes is completely pointless due to the services I get back!

I went on the Internet and found some products that promised to help. I ordered them and paid express delivery from abroad.

So what happened? The import tax people intercepted the item and held it up for a week. They then applied a tax to it. Worse they then applied a fee for applying the tax! I then got send a card asking me to pay the tax (and the fee for applying the tax!) by credit card. This held matters up further. About a month later I finally got the item. The tax (and the fee for applying the tax) doubled the price of the item!

The conclusion is that paying 50 – 60% tax (remember employers’ payroll tax is a hidden tax and effectively comes out of your salary before you are given the figure) is pointless as I get no services back. When I try to fix the problem myself, government holds the process up and doubles the cost due to a tax and the cost of applying the tax.

High tax. No services. Getting in the way and stopping someone getting better.

My G.P. effectively told me he isn’t interested in anything unless it gets infected. So he couldn’t do anything for me. I decided to try to see another doctor. I looked up specialists at a nearby hospital. I noticed on their web pages, they had links to their private practices. So these doctors were trained at tax-payers’ expense, work from taxpayer funded hospitals but are allowed to work on the side for direct cash payments. I contacted one of these doctors and was told they only see people on the National Health Service if referred by a G.P. The trouble is my G.P. won’t help me unless I have an infection.

So I’m stuck. I pay 60% tax, am a UK citizen, but I can’t get any help from the tax-payer funded National Health System.

The only way to get help is to pay a N.H.S. doctor cash under his private practise. But paying 60% tax means we don’t have the money to pay extravagant costs per hour for a doctor.

What a complete and utter scam! I pay tax. Can’t see a tax-payer funded doctor, unless I pay cash.